Friday, May 19, 2006

Mayday! Mayday! We're going up!

Watch Mayday! f/ Cee-Lo "Groundhog Day"

Miami is on the come up. With the launch of 305 Magazine coming soon and so many artists coming out with major albums this year (Smitty, Pit, Ross, Khaled), I'm expecting big things for my city in the near future. But as Non-Phixion says, there is no future because the future is now.

One of my favorite groups - both locally and nationally - named Mayday! recently created the most popular video on YouTube. The duo of Plex and Bernbiz hit 2,000,000 views in a matter of hours, which I couldn't believe until I read it in the New York Times. Plex and Bern went from being a well-respected local group to being overnight celebrities on one of the biggest sites in the world. Not to mention that they're in the Arts section of one of the world's most-respected newspapers. That's not supposed to happen to Miami artists.

I've been a vocal supporter of them ever since I downloaded their song "Quicksand" and have been pleased with everything they've put out since. I recommend that you visit Mayday!'s Official Site and Their MySpace to see what the fuss is about.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home